If you’d like to rent the perfect vacation home on Lake Norman, you’ll want to ask a number of questions to help ensure you have a great vacation. Here are just tips on How to Find a Lake Norman Vacation Rental Home:
- Are there things to do at the house? What activities exist at or near the vacation home? Is there a fire pit? Games? A movie theatre? A beach area? Outdoor ping pong? Kayaks?
- Is your Lake Norman vacation rental in a private setting? Some neighbors are very close (and not all are happy about their neighbors renting their homes).
- Is the water in front of the home of adequate depth? Some vacation rental homes on Lake Norman are in coves and may have shallow water in late summer in a dry year.
- Is the boat traffic heavy in front of the vacation home? In some areas, particularly in the southern part of the lake, the boat traffic can be very heavy on weekends?
- Is the owner service oriented? If an owner doesn’t return your calls or emails promptly BEFORE they have your money, imagine how service-oriented they’ll be (or not be) after they have payment.
Lake Norman is a fabulous lake. Picking a vacation rental home on Lake Norman can be a tricky experience. Ask owners lots of questions and make sure the reviews on the home are positive. Learn from others’ experience! We’d like to think that the Carolina Hideaway® is the ideal vacation home on Lake Norman. We look forward to helping you and your family create once-in-a-lifetime memories at our home — and then having you back year after year to do it again! We look forward to seeing you on your Lake Norman vacation!